The Shopper Brain Conference Europe
The Shopper Brain Conference is an exclusive event that explores the intersection of retail and consumer neuroscience. The event consists of two days (November 8 & November 9 and a pre-conference masterclass).
Wednesday, November 7, 2018
Start the Shopper Brain Conference well-prepared with this neuromarketing crash course by Prof. Gemma Calvert. The afternoon consists of an intensive learning session about everything a marketer needs to know about the brain. Addressing topics like:
Speaker: Gemma Calvert, Professor of Neuromarketing, Nanyang Business School, NTU (Singapore)
Click here to book only the pre-conference crash course (separate from the conference).
SHOPPER BRAIN CONFERENCE 2018 - DAY 1
Thursday, November 8, 2018
|9:00||Welcome coffee & registration|
|9:45||Opening by Master of Ceremonies, Phil McGee, President Decision Breakers (US)|
|An Introduction to the Shopper's Brain|
• What happens in our brains when shopping?
• The shopper's brain online and in-store
• The implications for shopper marketing
Mike Storm, Chief Operations Officer, Neurons Inc (DK)
|The Choice Factory: Unlocking the Potential of Behavioral Science for Better Results |
• Why marketers should care about findings from psychology
• How to harness behavioral science to improve the effectiveness of marketing efforts
Richard Shotton, Deputy Head of Evidence, Manning Gottlieb OMD (UK)
NEUROMARKETING IN RETAIL
Print vs. Video Advertising
|The Power of the Neuro Logo|
• Are visuals really more effective than text in brand logos?
• What is the effect of logos with emblems and logos with text on brand recall and brand associations?
• Which criteria decide what brands can switch to using emblems?
Buket Bakıc, Market Research Specialist, Turkcell (TR)
Eda Ocak, Strategy Director and Partner, ThinkNeuro (TR)
PRICING IN THE BRAIN
|Priced According to Value? Decoding and Utilizing Unconscious Value Perception|
• How to measure value perception directly from buyers’ and sellers’ minds?
• Bringing neuroscience into the field of pricing
• Cases from retail, FMCG, tourism, pharma and financial services
Matthias Wirth, Co-founder and Partner, The Neuromarketing Labs (DE)
|14:45||What is the Real Price Consumers Are Willing to Pay?|
Non-Strategic Answering in Pricing Research
• Accurately measuring price sensitivity: a new, more predictive method based on reaction-time patterns
• Key insights to questions as: how to identify the real optimal price? How to model the effects of price increases or decreases? How to measure the effect of competitors’ prices on price perception?
Timothy Desmet, Founder and Managing Partner, Profacts (BE)
Memory & Marketing
Business to People Strategy (B2P): Appealing to Unique Desires
|16:45||Wrap-up & Networking Drinks |
Mingle with other shopper marketers, consumer insight professionals, and everyone else with a passion for retail and an innovative mind, while enjoying the Amsterdam cuisine in a lovely atmosphere.
SHOPPER BRAIN CONFERENCE 2018 - DAY 2
Friday, November 9, 2018
|9:00||Welcome coffee and registration|
Phil McGee, President Decision Breakers (USA)
|9:45||The Cake is also for the Small Ones|
Key brain-pleasing methods for service retailing.
• the most effective brain-pleasing methods that even small retail companies can use to get customers’ preference
• the making of a very successful retail concept, with brain-pleasing methods involved
Lluis Martinez-Ribes, Associate Professor at ESADE Business School & Partner at m+f=! (SP)
|10:15||Combining Online Methodologies with Behavioral Science to Unravel Shopper’s Attention |
• Creating a multi-stage online behavioral simulation mapping the purchase journey without asking
• Case study with a new approach that focuses on implicit choice rather than implicit associations
Abi Moorcock, Insights Director, Irrational Agency (UK)
Do Other Shopper Brains Think Like Me?
|11:45||Visual Cues of Packaging Design|
• How do specific visual cues (rounded corners, shape, texture, weight) affect saliency perception and product value?
• How does package design impact purchase choices?
• Key findings of a combined Eye-tracker/EEG study on 30 young customers
Lucia Carriero, CEO, Neuroset (IT)
|12:15||How to Create Brain-Friendly Adjustments for the Online Version of Your Packaging?|
Speaker to be announced
APPLYING NEUROMARKETING IN PRACTICE
Case Study: Improving the Effectiveness of Terms and Conditions in Online Shopping
Case study: Optimize
Consumer Experience in a Museum
Research Tools Portugal’s Biggest Retail Company Uses to Improve Customer Experience
Case study of a Dutch Telco:
|16:30||Wrap-up and networking drinks|