SHOPPER BRAIN CONFERENCE EUROPE - Day 1
Dublin - Wednesday, October 25, 2023
The Gibson Hotel - Stratocaster Room
|9:00||Welcome coffee & registration|
|9:30||Opening by the master of ceremonies|
Audrey Daffy, Global Digital & e-Commerce, Capability & Execution Excellence Director, Mars Pet Nutrition
The Biggest Trends That Will Change Retail Forever
|IKEA's Omnichannel Strategy:|
Translating the In-Store Shopping Experience Online
• Overview of IKEA's current omnichannel approach and challenges
• Strategies for translating the in-store shopping experience to online
• Importance of a seamless customer journey across channels
Karen Helweg, Chief Digital Officer at IKEA DK
|Unlock the Potential of Social Listening: Harnessing Social Data to Drive Winning Strategies|
• Grasp the fundamentals of social listening
• Analyze the conversations surrounding your brand and products
• Transform social data into a successful strategy
Dr Alan Shaw, Chair of the Retail Institute Special Interest Research Group at Leeds Beckett University
How Less can be More with Retail Signage|
• Identify nonconscious drivers using EEG
• Discover what type of signage drives engagement and branding
• Learn to harness the power of simplicity
Dr Joshua Balsters, Neuroscience Director, NIQ
How to Use Implicit Measurements to Explain Attitudes vs Brands and Private Labels
Beyond Personalization: Using Neuroscience to Create Serendipity in the Customer Journey|
While modern technology provides an incredible opportunity to personalize the customer experience, this strategy may not always be fruitful. This talk will focus on a key alternative: serendipity. The talk will cover the neuroscience of serendipity and how brands can leverage these insights to create unique, meaningful “chance encounters” within the customer journey. Ultimately, it will provide a unique window into the customer experience, enabling marketers to foster rich, meaningful connections with their consumers.
Matt Johnson, Author of 'The (mostly) hidden ways marketing reshapes our brains' and 'Branding That Means Business'
|15:15||Semiotics – The Secret Weapon of Shopper Marketers|
• Big brands and retailers are using semiotics to make their sales go up
• You can do semiotics! Practical moves that stimulate shoppers
• How to satisfy emerging needs and the customers of the future.
Dr Rachel Lawes, author of 'Using Semiotics in Retail' and 'Using Semiotics in Marketing'
|15:45||3 Principles From Consumer Psychology That Will Transform Your Online Sales|
• Why focusing on sales motivation is the wrong strategy
• How to get your customers in the "zone of acceptance"
• Building powerful customer journeys with behavioral science
Matt Sucha, founder Mindworx Behavioral Consulting
|16:30||Wrap-up & Networking Drinks|
|19:00||Conference Dinner - Harbour Master Restaurant|
« pre-conference activities | agenda of day 2 »